Monday, February 25, 2008

It is Painful to Watch and Remember

By Kyle 832

I was in the second grade when the planes hit the Twin Towers. I used to live near the Verrazano Bridge. My mom, my sister and I were running late for school that day. We heard the first plane crash. We just thought that it was an accident on the bridge.

When I got to school, I went to my computer class. Half an hour later, my teacher got a call from the main office. When she hung up, she told me to get my bag and go to the office. I walked down the hall and saw my mom and sister there. I asked what was wrong but no one told me until I got home. When we got home, the TV was already on. I saw the towers collapse on the news. I went out onto the balcony and saw the smoke coming from Manhattan.

Even though no one I knew died, it’s still painful when I see the replay of the attack on the news. My mom still cries for all the people who died.

No comments: