Monday, February 25, 2008

Reflections of 9/11

One student still remembers her fear for her father’s life

By Ashley 834



On September 11, I was only in the second grade. I stayed home from school that day because I was sick. I was laying down watching cartoons, when my mother came up the stairs crying. She told me everything that was going on at the World Trade Center and then she told me that my father worked near there.

I started crying my eyes out when my mother told me what happened. I hoped my father was alright. After a while, my father walked through the door and held me, my mom, my sister and my baby brother. He held us all tight in his arms. Then we all sat down and watched the news. We saw my dad’s friend on the news. He was a firefighter who died helping people get out of the towers.

Today, on the anniversary of September 11, I am grateful that I still have my father around. I feel bad for all the children who lost somebody in their life that day and are still standing strong. If that were my dad, I would not be able to breathe again.

No comments: