Friday, February 15, 2008

Letter to Soldier

By Musu Kamara

Dear Soldier,

SALUTATIONS to you. How are you doing? This is MUSU KAMARA, from the BERTA A. DREYFUS INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL. I am in 7TH Grade. Even though I’m very little, I’m not too little to understand what you are doing for the people and the United States. It’s a terrific thing you’re doing.

I understand that you left your family and your home and everything you love just to keep our country safe. You are thought about every day. We care about your safety, especially people like me who came from another country—running away from poverty and war. We came here to start a new life. And we know that we are also safe from any terrorists because we realize that people like you care about us. You risk your life for us.
That’s what I call a phenomenal person.

Trust in the Lord and keep up hope that everything will be alright. Have a wonderful, joyful and hopeful Valentine’s Day. May this day be a blessing unto you that you will come back from war safe and unharmed. I will greatly appreciate it if you write me back on the address posted on top of this letter.

Sincerely,
Musu Kamara

No comments: